If you
decide to come to high school, you can choose a lot of subjects that interest
you. But there are also a lot of subjects that students are compulsory to read.
Example. three curses religion. I don't understand why we can't choose how much
we want to hear and "learn" about our own religion. It is our
personal thing. I understand if we should take one course per subject and we
can choose rest.
There are
those who say that, Swedish must stop. But I understand Swedish, because we
live in Finland and Finland has two official languages. So of course we need to
know something about our second language. I’m okay with all other compulsory subjects in high school, but religion is just only subject I can’t understand. We have to study religion our first nine classes, so why that much in high school too. Second thing, we know almost everything about these things what we have to study religion in high school. We know who is Jesus and history about him, we know a little bit about every other religions than Christianity and we know what is ethics.
So yes, if
someone likes to study religion, if it’s passion to someone it’s okay. But this
is “free country”, if I think I already know enough about my own religion why
force. If I really want to know more, then I could choose the subject more. The
way I see it, it isn’t so big deal if we could choose more subjects themselves,
and maybe more people would choose high school after secondary school.
No comments:
Post a Comment